Flint Bacchus Fumé 2022
- Wine - Flint Vineyard Bacchus Fumé
- Country - England
- Region - Norfolk
- Vintage - 2022
- Grape Varieties - Bacchus
- ABV - 11%
- Tasting Note - Pear tart, lime cordial and almond on the nose with a soft, creamy mid-palate that is nutty and smoky on the finish.
- Harvested from both our partner vineyard in Hedenham and our own Flint parcels, using later press fractions to extract more tannin and flavour. Half of the fermentation used indigenous yeasts and the other was co-inoculated with complimentary ‘wild’ and Saccharomyces strains. Fermented and aged in 3rd and 4th fill oak barrels for 6 months with weekly bâtonnage on 50% of the wine. No sugar additions and minimal effective SO2.
- The use of barrels in our Fumé is to encourage aromatic development and softness rather than oak flavour. Barrels can push Bacchus towards the style of its parent variety, Riesling, and the 2022 Fumé demonstrates this.
- 3,000 bottles made.