Flint Bacchus 2021
- Wine - Flint Vineyard Bacchus
- Country - England
- Region - Norfolk
- Vintage - 2021
- Grape Varieties - Bacchus
- ABV - 11%
- Tasting Note - Loved by many critics, including Oz Clarke, our Bacchus is the perfect wine for those looking for something similar to, but perhaps more interesting than a new-world Sauvignon Blanc. We are super proud of our Bacchus 2021. It was a tricky harvest for most of the UK but we were lucky to pick some beautifully ripe and clean fruit here at Flint.
- The Bacchus 2021 is bright and fresh on the nose and jumps out of the glass with sherbety elderflower aromas. There is lime peel, cut grass and lavender in there too which reflect the detailed blending and multiple winemaking techniques that have been carefully applied to produce this wine. The pallet is crisp but not too acidic with a lovely balance of sweetness from a small amount of residual sugar and the natural flavours of the grape variety. It has the signature texture that our Bacchus usually displays, which comes partly from a small amount of the wine being aged in neutral oak. This wine can be drunk now and enjoyed on a hot Summer’s day or paired with foods.
- Great with - chalky cheeses, seafood (fish and chips works well!) and asparagus.